Terms Of Service
By using Arctic Lights (AL, site), you (user, users) agree to abide by the Terms of Service at all times. You understand that breech of these Terms may result in a loss of privileges within the site, or banning of your account.
The Terms of Service are as follows:
Site Use and Accounts
- You must be at least 13 years of age or older to register for Arctic Lights. It is strongly recommended that you be at least 16 years of age or older. Please see our Statement for Parents.
- Each user may have only one account.
- Users registering or accessing the site from the same household (family members, etc.) must notify administration. Failure to notify administration may result in one or more accounts being banned.
- Users may not share accounts.
- Accounts will not be deleted by request.
- Accounts and other virtual materials (currency, items, dogs, etc.) may not be sold or traded for any kind of real world currency OR for accounts or materials on any other website. Users may give these materials away if they so choose.
- Bugs or loop holes in the game must be reported.
- Users attempting to gain unpermitted access to the site or damage the site in any way will be immediately banned and may be prosecuted.
- Users may not use Arctic Lights to promote or engage in any form of illegal activity.
User Behavior and Content
- All users are expected to conduct themselves maturely and respectfully at all times. Users may not engage in harassment, rudeness, flaming, bashing, or any other form of disrespectful behavior.
- All users are expected to respect the forum and interactive environment. Trolling (behaving in a manner specifically designed to elicit a negative reaction), flooding (posting similar content repeatedly), spamming (posting unwarranted or unrelated content in inappropriate locations), or any other intentionally disruptive behaviors are not tolerated.
- Users must use English.
- Users should avoid using chatspeak, excessive punctuation or all caps, or bright (unreadable) colors.
- Inappropriate content may not be posted or linked to anywhere on the site. This includes, but is not limited to, excessively graphic, violent, sexual, or pornographic materials, or any materials that discriminate against or put down any group based on race, ethnicity, country of origin, ability, class, religious beliefs, sex, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Users should not post personal information such as full names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. anywhere on the site.
Use of Copyrighted Materials
- Use of copyrighted materials without the permission of the owner is strictly forbidden.
- If the owner of a copyrighted material requests attribution, attribution must be clearly displayed, and if included in a derivative work, must be present on the work itself.
Purchase and Donation Policies
- Donations and purchases, while appreciated, do not exempt any user from these Terms of Service.
- Donations or purchases will not be refunded at any time, for any reason. All sales are final.
- Users who serve as volunteer staff, called Moderators or Lead Moderators, are selected by application. All volunteer staff members go through a training process conducted by the owner.
- Volunteer staff members are compensated through free subscriptions, and do not receive any other benefits on or off site.
- Volunteer staff members may be demoted from their position if they are not performing expected duties or have breeched these Terms of Service.
Site Copyrights and Reserved Rights
- All site content, including coding, artwork, and writing, is copyright Arctic Lights and may not be used, adapted, or built upon without written permission from the owner. Persons in violation of this may be banned or prosecuted.
- Fan art based upon site content may be produced as long as the work does not violate any of these Terms of Service, and a visible disclaimer is included with the work that states that the characters or locations portrayed are copyright Arctic Lights, with a link back to this website. Please see our fan art policy for more information.
- Arctic Lights reserves the right to cease operation with or without warning at any time and for any length of time. In the event of this occurring, Arctic Lights is not liable for any materials, financial or otherwise, that may be lost as a result.
- Arctic Lights reserves the right to remove virtual materials from any user should the user be in violation of site Terms of Service.
- Arctic Lights is not liable for any personal distress caused by playing the game or by the actions of other users.
- Arctic Lights reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. Users will be notified when changes have been made.
If you have any questions concerning the Terms of Service, please contact the owner by messaging #1 or e-mailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.